Ok, not a factoid, but a list. If you are going to have a great Basement Bar, you will be expected to have parties therein. Holy Taco has a cautionary list of who not to invite. (H/T: List of the Day, who lifts Taco’s entire post, but at least links back to it!)
I’ll give you one as a taste, but read the whole thing.
THE POLITICS GUY
WHERE YOU WILL FIND HIM: At the beginning of the night he usually stands right next to the front door where he overtly shows off his political button or T-shirt that says something like “Once You Go Barack, You Won’t Go Back” or “McCain = McStupid.” Then, after everyone shows up, he stealthily mingles from group to group while nonchalantly dropping lines like “Did you see what those fatcats tried to pull?” anytime there’s a lull in the conversation.
HOW HE WILL RUIN YOUR PARTY: No one in the history of parties has ever changed their political beliefs based on some asshole screaming about health care reform in the kitchen of a two bedroom apartment. His endlessly tiresome factoids and statistics about how much oil we consume and how the death penalty doesn’t work will make your guests either leave or kill themselves where they stand.
The comments on both posts have some excellent additions, but they inexplicably neglect to include this chick….
If you want to follow this specific series of posts on the Pegu Blog, you can subscribe to our Basement Bar feed here. Or you can just subscribe to the entire blog, with all its brilliant content, here!
Here’s a list of the other articles in this series that have been posted so far:
- Basement Bar Accessories #10: The NewAir Portable Ice Maker
- Basement Bar Accessories #6: DIY Kegerator
- Basement Bar Accessories: Herbal Assault Part 1
- Basement Bar Design #0: Introduction
- Basement Bar Design #1: Where, What, and Why.
- Basement Bar Design #2: Refrigerators
- Basement Bar Design #3: Ice Supply
- Basement Bar Design #4(a): Essential Glassware
- Basement Bar Design #4(b): Supplemental Glassware
- Basement Bar Design #4(c): Buying Glassware
- Basement Bar Design #5: Water and Washing Up
- Basement Bar Design #6: My Own Basement Bar
- Basement Bar Design #7: Bar Top and Countertop Surfaces
- Basement Bar Design #8(a): Artists
- Basement Bar Design #8(b) More Artists
- Basement Bar Design #8: Artwork
- Basement Bar Design #9: Tiki Bars
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #1: Lit Backbar Walls
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #2: Holiday Glassware Giveaways
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #3: Beer Dispensing from Heineken and Elsewhere
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #4: Branded Beer Taps
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #5: Pure American Ingenuity
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #7: The Man Wall
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #8: The Arkeg
- Basement Bar Design Accessories #9: Global Domination
- Basement Bar Design Accessories: Hidden Lairs
- Basement Bar Design Elsewhere in the Cocktailosphere
- Basement Bar Design Elsewhere in the Cocktailosphere #2
- Basement Bar Design Factoid #1: Sheds
- Basement Bar Design Factoid #2: Dangerous Party Invitees
- Basement Bar Design Factoid #3: Irish Pub in a (really big) Box
- Basement Bar Design Factoid #4: Mr. Blendtec, activate the defenses!
- Basement Bar Design Factoid #5: 1800 Tequila’s Mancave Contest
- Basement Bar Design News: The Wall Street Journal Notices That Home Bars Are “In”
- Basement Bar Design, Things to Consider #1: The Bargain
- Basement Bar Design: A Tour of the Parade of Homes
- Basement Bar Design: Star Trek Doors
- Basement Bar Overhaul: Dressing for Tiki Month
- Bulletin, Bulletin, Bulletin!
- Christmas Idea: Martini Shaker
- Fun With Time-Lapse
- I Saved at Least $10,000 Because of Cocktail Blogging…
- Jacob Grier Invites Us to Up Our Bartending Game.
- New Basement Bar Contest From Grant’s Whisky
- New Blog Function
- SideBlog: A Really Clever, Easy IKEA Home Bar
- SideBlog: Basement Bars Are Helm’s Deep For Men
- SideBlog: Blender Drink Aficionados Booking For Europe With Spare Luggage Space
- SideBlog: Making Tiki Stuff: Royal Tiki
- SideBlog: New York Post Notices February is a Good Time For Tiki Month
- SideBlog: Selling Tiki Stuff: Cheeky Tiki
- SideBlog: The Manliest Bottle Opener Ever
- SideBlog: Ultra Modern Tiki Torches
- The Bar Accessory The EVERY Cocktail Geek Must Obtain
- The Sixth Day of Christmas
- This Year’s Final Exam: A Full-Bore Tiki Party
- Tiki Timeout: Bar Building and BlogBarCrawl Update
- Trader Tiki’s Basement Bar in the News
- Unique Tiki Mugs
- Wow, They Even Have Black Friday Sales In the Cocktail World….