Here’s a punch recipe.
- 120 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 120 ounces strong-brewed Darjeeling tea
- 75 ounces cinnamon syrup (B.G. Reynolds’ brand recommended)
- 75 ounces vanilla syrup (B.G. Reynolds’ brand recommended)
- 3 liter bottles of Chairman’s Reserve
- 1 liter bottle of La Favorite Rhum Agricole Vieux
- 2 fifth bottles of Rhum Clément V.S.O.P.
- 1 fifth bottle of Smith & Cross
- 1 fifth bottle of Dos Maderas 5+3
- Lemon Hart 151 to fill
Sound fun? Go check out the whole back story at Hurricane Hayward’s Atomic Grog Blog. It involves the two rockingest hats in the rum world, those belonging to Jeff Berry and Ian Burrell, as well other assorted Tiki celebrities. The author of the recipe is Martin Cate.
Folks, this is a serviceable punch. Sure, it doesn’t require 8 liters of light rum, 4 liters of gin, 4 liters of rye, 4 liters of cognac, and 9 gallons of wine, along with the stockings of a soldier’s wife and soil from the land which last shuddered under the regiment’s guns, but a serviceable punch none the less.
Had Admiral Schley been still alive, Hurricane would have had to double his shopping list. I loves me a really big punch.