Welcome to the fourth Tiki Month, February 2012.
Each year, the Pegu Blog makes itself over as a (nearly) all Tiki lifestyle site. I do this to combat, well, February, allowing for at least a mental escape from this dreck. I intend to update this page with links to all main posts I make. It is harder to collect all the SideBlogs, but a stab at it is below.
Thanks for the idea to Tony Harion of all people, a loyal reader from Brazil. I say I’m surprised he cares about Tiki Month because while Ohio looks like this in February:
Brazil looks like this:
It may not be Tiki, but Mardi Gras is pretty damn close….
- Blender Pr0n from Popular Science
- Call for Submissions: MxMo LXIV—Tiki!
- It Begins: Tiki Month 2012
- Tiki Drink: Sidewinder’s Fang
- Tiki Month: Follow Friday of Tiki Tweeters
- Elsewhere For Tiki Month: Spirited Remix Grogalizes
- An Interview With Ed Hamilton, US Importer of Lemon Hart 151, Among Others
- Elsewhere For Tiki Month: Basic Civilization Goes Down the Mai Tai Hole
- Tiki Drink: Vicious Virgin #2
- Elsewhere for Tiki Month: It’s Always Tiki Month for Tiare
- Tiki Essentials: Simple Syrup—Surprisingly Easy, Surprisingly Complicated
- Tiki Drink: The Sneaky Tiki
- Update: Beachbum Berry’s Tiki+
- Elsewhere For Tiki Month: Rowen Burns Off the Fog
- Tiki Timeout: Max La Rocca’s “3 is the Magic Number”
- Tiki: Guilt Free Sex?
- Tiki Drink: 151 Swizzle
- Tiki Podcasts
- Tiki Drink: The Best Year
- What the Heck is Ooga-Mooga?
- Tiki Drink: Dr. Funk
- Valentine’s Tiki Drink: The Pink Wink
- Tiki Month Around the Web: Cocktail Virgin and the Kon-Tini
- Tiki Month Around the Web: Chemistry of the Cocktail and the Big Bamboo
- Tiki Drink: Suffering Bastard
- My Favorite Tiki Forums
- Tiki Drink: Lei Lani Volcano
- Reminder: Mixology Monday is February 20th
- Mixology Monday: Tiki — The Missionary’s Downfall
- Guest Post: Tiki is Offal
- Mixology Monday: eGullet Offerings
- Mixology Monday “Trader Vic’s Navy Grog
- Mixology Monday Roundup: Tiki!
- Tiki Drink: Mr. Bali Hai
- Tiki Month Breaks Out At a Four Roses Tasting
- Why Tiki Month?
- This Year’s Final Exam: A Full-Bore Tiki Party
- Fun With Time-Lapse
- The Big Tiki Fetes
- Aloha, Tiki Month….
- SideBlog: The Seven Deadly Sins Shot Glass Set
- SideBlog: Complete Still Design From IKEA Hacker
- SideBlog: American Drinking Habits From Revolutionary Times
- SideBlog: Facial Reconstruction of the Crystal Head Vodka Bottle
- SideBlog: Gizmodo’s Cocktail Photography Contest
- SideBlog: Josh Miller’s Petition to Save CA Bartenders From a Prison of Latex
- SideBlog: The Number One Whiskey Consuming Nation in the World is… France
- David Wondrich Demonstrates Useful and Self-Contained Cocktail Advice in 140 Characters or Less
- SideBlog: Send Text Messages With a Spray Bottle of Vodka
- SideBlog: The Gluten Free Bartender App
- SideBlog: Jeff Morganthaler on 86ing Customers
- SideBlog: Great Pictures and Some Rubbish history of Repeal
- SideBlog: Pour a Cranberry Old Fashioned On Troubled Waters This Thanksgiving
- SideBlog: The Top Ten Cheap “Bourbons”
- SideBlog: WaPo’s Tom Sietsema Gets It
- SideBlog: Sword-Wielding Man Breaks Inot Bar and Steals Nothing But Booze.
- SideBlog: Cryospherification For Cocktails and Other Colloids
- SideBlog: Hows and Whys of Yeast Selection in Both Beer and Spirits
- SideBlog: Movie Drink Garnish
- SideBlog: The End of Gray Market Mexican Coke?
- SideBlog: Atmospherics Are Everything In Whisky Advertising.
- SideBlog: In the Bartending World, Buddy Holly Curvived His Crash
- SideBlog: Next Step in the Bartender Sigularity
- SideBlog: Drink Up, Because Booze Won’t Make You Depressed
- SideBlog: Man’s Body Brews Beer In His Intestines
- SideBlog: The Illegal Vodka Pipeline You Never Knew Existed
- SideBlog: A Guide to Defunct Cocktail Ingredients
- SideBlog: Culaccino—Words for Cocktail Nerds
- SideBlog: Ohio Regulations Restrict Microdistilleries’ Marketing