Welcome to the fourth Tiki Month, February 2012.
Each year, the Pegu Blog makes itself over as a (nearly) all Tiki lifestyle site. I do this to combat, well, February, allowing for at least a mental escape from this dreck. I intend to update this page with links to all main posts I make. It is harder to collect all the SideBlogs, but a stab at it is below.
Thanks for the idea to Tony Harion of all people, a loyal reader from Brazil. I say I’m surprised he cares about Tiki Month because while Ohio looks like this in February:
Brazil looks like this:
It may not be Tiki, but Mardi Gras is pretty damn close….
- Blender Pr0n from Popular Science
- Call for Submissions: MxMo LXIV—Tiki!
- It Begins: Tiki Month 2012
- Tiki Drink: Sidewinder’s Fang
- Tiki Month: Follow Friday of Tiki Tweeters
- Elsewhere For Tiki Month: Spirited Remix Grogalizes
- An Interview With Ed Hamilton, US Importer of Lemon Hart 151, Among Others
- Elsewhere For Tiki Month: Basic Civilization Goes Down the Mai Tai Hole
- Tiki Drink: Vicious Virgin #2
- Elsewhere for Tiki Month: It’s Always Tiki Month for Tiare
- Tiki Essentials: Simple Syrup—Surprisingly Easy, Surprisingly Complicated
- Tiki Drink: The Sneaky Tiki
- Update: Beachbum Berry’s Tiki+
- Elsewhere For Tiki Month: Rowen Burns Off the Fog
- Tiki Timeout: Max La Rocca’s “3 is the Magic Number”
- Tiki: Guilt Free Sex?
- Tiki Drink: 151 Swizzle
- Tiki Podcasts
- Tiki Drink: The Best Year
- What the Heck is Ooga-Mooga?
- Tiki Drink: Dr. Funk
- Valentine’s Tiki Drink: The Pink Wink
- Tiki Month Around the Web: Cocktail Virgin and the Kon-Tini
- Tiki Month Around the Web: Chemistry of the Cocktail and the Big Bamboo
- Tiki Drink: Suffering Bastard
- My Favorite Tiki Forums
- Tiki Drink: Lei Lani Volcano
- Reminder: Mixology Monday is February 20th
- Mixology Monday: Tiki — The Missionary’s Downfall
- Guest Post: Tiki is Offal
- Mixology Monday: eGullet Offerings
- Mixology Monday “Trader Vic’s Navy Grog
- Mixology Monday Roundup: Tiki!
- Tiki Drink: Mr. Bali Hai
- Tiki Month Breaks Out At a Four Roses Tasting
- Why Tiki Month?
- This Year’s Final Exam: A Full-Bore Tiki Party
- Fun With Time-Lapse
- The Big Tiki Fetes
- Aloha, Tiki Month….
- SideBlog: More Beer Opening Amazingness
- SideBlog: The Manliest Bottle Opener Ever
- SideBlog: The Bartender Singularity Somehow Already in the Rococo Phase
- SideBlog: The Timeline of Cocktail History
- SideBlog: Ultra Modern Tiki Torches
- SideBlog: Tiare Keeps Up Her End of Tiki Month Til the Finish—2070 Swizzle
- SideBlog: A Pill to Instantly Sober You Up Is closer to Reality
- SideBlog: Now This Here is Some Falernum
- SideBlog: Original Tiki Drink—The Hala Kahiki
- SideBlog: Using Diet Soda May Make Your Drink Affect You More Stongly
- SideBlog: How Alcohol Affects Your Sleep
- SideBlog: The Tiki Gods Smiled on This One
- SideBlog: The Best Written Definition of Balance in Cocktails I’ve Yet Seen
- SideBar: New Online Tiki Store: Mahalo Tiki
- SideBlog: Dagreb’s Improved Falernum Recipe
- SideBlog: Bottle Opener That Then Shoots Your Bottle Caps
- SideBlog: A Short History of the Phylloxera Plague
- 2013 Tweet of the Year
- SideBlog: A Reminder About Part-Time Bartenders
- SideBlog: Donald Trump Picks Fight He Probably Won’t Enjoy
- SideBlog: Penelope Cruz Makes Even Campari Look Good
- SideBlog: Original Recipe for Jack Daniels Purportedly Found In Welsh Granny’s Recipe Book
- SideBlog: How to Make a White Russian
- SideBlog: Beer’s Most Expensive Ingredient
- SideBlog: A Strong Showing for the New Yarm-Era MxMo
- SideBlog: That’s It. Time to Give Up.
- SideBlog: The Still from M*A*S*H
- SideBlog: The Most Important Recipe in Cocktailia
- SIdeBlog: Good News for Madonna! UK Government Officially Declares Her Unappealing to the Young